Vroon VDB’s mission is to support communities in establishing, sustaining, and improving high fidelity wraparound and MiiWrap, through use of state of the art materials, training, coaching, and consultation. MiiWrap offers the most recent and dynamic approach that we have seen in our decades of working with youth, families and communities. Our primary goal is to support access to “good” MiiWrap to any children, families, or individuals who need and want it. We know that the primary enemies of good wraparound practice are drift and stagnation. MiiWrap brings a new set of skills to wraparound staff that are dynamic and exciting. We are committed to helping communities avoid practice model drift over time and develop highly competent staff and strong local leadership. Our ultimate goal is for high fidelity MiiWrap to be available to every youth and family that needs it. To avoid stagnation and to support successful innovation, we are committed to forming local learning organizations and regional and natural learning communities.
Vroon VDB knows that high quality MiiWrap is strengths-based, culturally sensitive, highly individualized, and focused on teaching the people served to solve their own problems in their own ways with their own support systems. We run our business the same way. MiiWrap will not only operationalize these values, but bring a fresh new look and feel to the model. VVDB is dedicated to carrying out these values in all of our work, and to constantly improving our craft so we can continue to help others improve theirs. We believe:
- Vroon VDB is more dedicated to the goal of access than to the company bottom line and has a strong focus to make materials, training and support available to whoever is committed to providing high fidelity MiiWrap to others.
- We believe that Wraparound and MiiWrap can and should be continually improved upon as research and practice inform it.
- MiiWrap is the newest and most exciting way to serve families that we have ever come across.
- Wraparound and MiiWrap process should be tailored to the special population being served.
- Training and coaching should be tailored to the developmental levels and priorities of the participants in order to support continual development of their self-efficacy (skills and confidence).
- Local consultation should be tailored to the unique culture, strengths and needs of each community.
- That the measure of success for our training and coaching is our customer’s skill acquisition and their improving youth and family outcomes.
- In modeling the values of wraparound and systems of care in our work.
- In being sensitive to community strengths and needs while striving for fidelity to the wraparound model.
- That cultural competency is an absolute necessity at all levels of our work.
- Addressing trauma, when appropriate is the right and moral thing to do.
- In parent/professional partnership at all levels of our work, in program development and implementation, and community development.
- In constantly evolving our work based on continuous quality improvement, implementation research and learning from the people we work with.