As you know, we at VVDB believe coaches are the most important factor in providing high fidelity MiiWrap and good outcomes for clients. When we talk to people about how to set up a MiiWrap program at their agency, the first thing we say is who will be your coach? We also believe in purposeful transition to support agencies to train, coach and certify their own staff. Coaches make this possible by:
- Doing initial orientation to get staff and system partners engaged
- Providing initial training using the VVDB Foundations of MiiWrap eLearning
- Developing and strengthening staff engagement and motivation to learn and do MiiWrap well
- Providing ongoing professional development
- Developing and strengthening a culture of learning and support for excellent service
- Certifying and recertifying staff
I am reminding you of all of that because I am excited to tell you this: we are officially opening enrollment for our August 15-17, 2022 MiiWrap Coaching Workshop at beautiful Red Rocks, Colorado. Many of our former Coach Workshop graduates rank this workshop as one of the practical and useful workshops they have ever attended. The Coaching Workshop one of five steps to becoming a certified MiiWrap Coach:
- Complete the Foundations of MiiWrap eLearning course
- Complete a three-session course in using the Learning Management System
- Complete the MiiWrap Coaching Workshop
- Complete coach certification process by demonstrating the skills to coach and certify staff
- Coach two students or a group of students through the eLearning under supervision
The MiiWrap Coach Workshop is designed to teach people who are familiar with MiiWrap the most effective ways to 1) teach it to others, 2) create an enduring program, and 3) monitor and increase fidelity of services provided. More specifically, we will cover:
- How and why to implement MiiWrap and engage others
- How to coach to support staff knowledge and performance
- How to engage and motivate staff
- How to do strengths-based coaching
- How to assess staff knowledge, skills, and performance continually
- How to create real training transfer
- How to do effective ongoing coaching
- How and when to use various coaching formats
- How to create a learning organization
- How to finish your coach certification process
Coaches will leave with a plan to finish their certification process, a wealth of new understanding, new connections to the community and other coaches doing similar work, specific plans that they can implement at their sites, and a variety of supplemental activities and other coaching ideas.
The deadline for applying for this MiiWrap Coaching Workshop is August 1, 2022. The workshop itself costs $750, and the certification process to finish your coach certification costs an additional $750 (totally $1500 for one coach to complete the coach certification process).
To apply, email email@example.com. Use “Coach Application” as the subject line. If you are already working with us, you can just let us know who will be attending. If you are new to VVDB, be sure to include the following information:
- Your name, agency, and position
- Are you currently a coach, a supervisor, neither, or both?
- Describe your experience with MiiWrap and/or Wraparound, and who trained you
- Describe your past and current coaching and supervising experience
- Why are you interested in MiiWrap?
If you are new, don’t worry – there is still plenty of time to get you up to speed before the workshop in August.
Still not sure? Let me leave you with a review from a workshop graduate:
“I just wanted to send a note thanking you again for the workshop. The days were SO helpful and productive. Lisa and I both left feeling motivated and excited to take the next steps in the coaching process. I thought that the workshop was organized and well thought out. Every minute of our time felt useful and meaningful. I don’t think I have ever said that about a training LOL. I am taking so much away from the experience, and it was SO nice to connect in person with both of you and the members of our little learning group. “ – Alex